View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 10:40 PM   #55
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Well just over 4 months since I started this thread, and the parts FINALLY arrive tomorrow. Had confirmation from UPS today. (Westpac changed my credit card number 2 weeks ago which buggered up and delayed the order...but that's another story)

1. Ceramic coated stainless steel Ford Racing long tube header for Zetec
2. Random Technology Hi Flow cat
3. Stainless 2.25" flexpipe
4 O2 extension harness

They tried to charge me duty, but had to remind them about the US Free Trade agreement. I was told I had to get a letter confirming the parts were manufactured in the U.S.

I told them I'd do that, and they then put it through with no duty!! But still had to pay GST and a ripoff $55 custom processing charge.

(Studying the Customs website last night, it appears that under $1000 they don't worry about the duty or GST. But mine was over that)

Anyway, paid the GST and fees, parts are in Melbourne, and will be delivered tomorrow.

Now just have to get it fitted and stand back!!!! Whooo Hooo.

Will speak to Herrod's tomorrow. Fitting probably late next week or early the following (In panel beaters Monday... but that's another story).

Then off to the dyno.......to see if I have completely wasted my money and time!!!!!
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote