Thread: mph vs et??
View Single Post
Old 22-01-2007, 05:43 PM   #18
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcams
There's about a .07 difference between you and your mates 60ft, at the finish it will equate to about .15+ better et for your mate, then you have where both of you change gears can make a difference and a number of other factors why his et is better.

60ft is everything to a good et Stav, rule of thumb every .1 off 60ft easy double that at the finish.

Give you a examlpe my PB was a 12.85 (1.74 60ft) but I did on the same night next run did a 12.86 (1.77 60ft) the slower time had a .03 slower 60ft so obviously after the 60ft with the slower time I did a better job (gear changes) than the quicker time to achieve almost the same et.
As I said before 60ft, what revs you change gears at (if you changing manualy in your auto), motor getting hot (heat soak), how well a cars gearing is suited to the 1/4 and in some cases as the night gets cooler you car will make more power therefore do slower 60ft's later at night and achieve same et's or better 60ft's and improve you et.
60ft first and then to half track is where you will make 99% of your gains after that there not alot of gain to be made.
End of the day its all just simple physics but with alot of variables if you can understand all of your variables which just comes with experiance you will know where you went wrong or where you can improve your car to achieve a better ET, untill then there's plenty of scratching the noggin going on.
Hope that helps a bit Stav.
I just put it in drive stall it as far as the tyres hold and let go..it takes itself automatically without shifting.
What seriously is the best rpm to shift at? I think its not revving hard enough on gear change.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote