View Single Post
Old 27-01-2007, 12:34 AM   #44
kenny21
This is really me :)

[QUOTE=eXtremist]The knock/denotation sensor retards the timing when pinging has been detected, but I dont know if it returns it the the original timing or slowly brings it back to a safe timing where the engine doesn't ping anymore.

once it doesnt sense any more detonation it returns back to original timing. Because it is not an aftermarket thing and its just for a road car they are usually just an on off thing and is usually measured in pascals i think and once it goes past a certain point it retards the timing and then once it drops returns to original table. Even with aftermarket ECU's ie motec they dont have an aftermarket knock sensore because it is so hard to tell what it it picking up. For example Motec are working on a knock sensor atm and have been for a while and because Motec's main market is racing they are finding it hard to cancel out other noises ie gearbox, road noise, chassis noise etc so yea. Sorry if i am babbling on haha.

Btw maybe some of u have noticed i really only mention Motec in regards to engine management systems, this is because they are an australian product and i prefer puplishing good australian products cause we dont manufacture much here in aus. Motec is one of the best ECU and dash combos around on the market. If you want anymore info just ask me or go to motec.com.au

Alex
kenny21 is offline   Reply With Quote