View Single Post
Old 22-07-2007, 10:30 PM   #66
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Sean, glad you're OK mate. When i got your MMS I nearly crapped myself, that's why I called to maske soure you were OK.

As I said on the phone too, Stability Control would have made this write-off nothing more than 3 or 4 flashes of an orange light - DEFINITELY comes highly recommended from me having saved an occurrence like this once before in my Focus. It's always there backing you up in the event of something like a puddle or oil patch. All we care now is that you're OK and that the car did it's job so amazginly to keep you protected inside the passenger cell.

I've seen a Fiesta smacked head-on at 60km/h with the engine snapped off and rolled under the firewall the way it's designed to. The side sindows weren't even broken and the door frames weren't event bent, driver simply got out sore but unharmed. They're tough little things and I know there' no other small car I'd rather be in, especially not a Barina...

Anyway, best of luck with the finances mate, if you're hunting for a new car, keep Stability Control in mind as an important feature and definitely as already recommended, have a go at an Advanced Driver Training Day just to see how everything works and how things react in these kinds of situations.

Catch you at AFD! Bring a piece of the car so it's there in spirit.