View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 07:55 PM   #1
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Default Why I am a Member?

Other members have recently posted some great stories on their pride and joy in the ORSM build section kindly set up by Laminge. As I am at a cross roads with my wheels awaiting new model I thought instead of talking about car I would talk about me. How did I become a member of ORSM Ford Cruises.

Back in 2005 I purchased my XR6 Turbo, this is my 15th Ford. I had modified a couple before with Rob HERROD, but otherwise was ignorant to the whole FORD scene such as this site and other dedicated after market people. A quick google and I found this site and then Found Chris FINNIN at Bluepower.

That same year I attended the AME show. I saw some nice looking wheels, a yellow Phoon and black XR8, both had Bluepower stickers. I approached someone, can't recall who and asked for Chris (FINNIN). They thought I was talking about Chris (ORSMXR) I had a chat, a membership form ended up in my hands and my wife paid it as part of my Christmas present.

My first event was a Ford Forums drag day down at Heathcote. Because many were concentrating on racing I felt sort of left out until I met Leo. We had a good chat and I thought this was pretty cool. Then came my favorite day, All Ford Day Geelong. Met the core members of the club, took the wife. We set up our cars, polished them all, had a beaut display, sat around and talked cars all day. It was so relaxing, great cars, great people and I saw this as an escape.

At FPV Chris approached me and asked me to take a more active participation in the club. I was happy to assist as I wanted to help build something that I loved.

That was all a couple of years ago. Our club now has gone through many stages of evolution, we have attracted great new members, won heaps of trophies and have some orsm memories.

The club, being the events based club, is one you can take your family to, relax, enjoy the love affair with Fords and forget all other garbage. Many here know I am a police officer. This I thought would hamstring me being a member of a car club but ORSM has accepted me whole heartily as an enthusiast and when I attend meetings, events, that is what I am, a Ford enthusiasts, not a copper. I thank the club for this. Quite often I get asked questions but I am treated the same as anybody else.

I am now Vice President of this young but proud club. I feel humbled to fulfill this role and some what unworthy in the fact that I am surrounded by people who have placed so much into the club and the hobby.

My lovely wife Samantha and I look forward to many new events with the club.

Jason