View Single Post
Old 19-11-2007, 10:35 AM   #44
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
Tristan, I aumexican, aka Dave GTORSM's dad should be able to assist. If you can get a contact number or email he said to me in past he would be more than willing to assist.

I think once we have dates we can plan an itinerary, speak to hotels at various towns and go from there, get numbers, book accommodation with deposits.

I still think we should cruise down west coast first through Burnie towards Strahan. This with a stop for lunch at Cradle Mountain would take at least a day and the driving is awesome. Then stay over night at Strahan. Day two go for a river cruise through Macquaire Harbour and down the Gordon/Franklin? River. The locals run the best boat with an all you can eat lunch. Later that day we could head through to Hobart, quick stop in Queenstown, this would take about 4 hours I think. Stay that night in Hobart, next day check out Hobart maybe or head down to Huonville, take a ride on the jetboats, there are some caves etc which are down that way too. Travel across to Port Arthur, you can stay there a night and do a day and perhaps night ghost tour. Then head up to Bicheno, see the penguins, maybe stop at Swansea, then across to Launceston and check out those parts for a couple of day and then back to Devonport perhaps. This would take about 6 or 7 days.

This sounds exactly what i had planned out roughly,

ok well lets here dates, what is going to suit people??

late 2008, august??

also should we go when the V8 round is down there??

Tristan

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.
When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.

-[BLKPHN] (VIC) PLATES FOR SALE $495.00-
BLKPHN is offline   Reply With Quote