Thread: Disaster
View Single Post
Old 20-02-2008, 02:01 AM   #32
tabaccs

Sorry to hear about the car mate.. But you're not alone...

Unfortunately i learnt the hard way with AAMI.. Some cretin hit me in the rear and took my rear bumper out along with the left rear suspension and rim.. AAMI was nothing but useless! Never kept in contact with me throughout the repairs and sent my car to a dodgy repairer.. Since then the car was repaired with "exchange parts", which are apparently your own damaged parts ie. rear lower bar for me, just reconditioned. Not new parts!!

Structural Bolts were used to reattach my rear lower bar instead of the flat black screws! The paint job was far from impressive and on top of that when i picked up the car and gave it a thorough inspection, i discovered they had cracked my front lower lip and split my front bar but completely denied it! I had to fight for weeks to get it repaired, and three weeks later its still in the shop!

A word of advice, make sure you read AAMI's customer service charter and see if they abide by it for you, if not just tell them they owe you $30 for not doing so!

Bye bye AAMI, i've learnt my lesson to stay with those who look after you, not those who give you the cheaper quote! :

ST170 Side Indicators, K&N Panel Filter, Factory Scuff Plates,
Leather/Alloy Handbrake Cover, Body Kit
tabaccs is offline   Reply With Quote