View Single Post
Old 18-06-2005, 06:02 PM   #45
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

I agree with bringing the Mondeo to Australia. The Medium market is booming with the impreza, Mazda6, Accord Euro, Vectra... i guess ford is relying on the Focus Sedan?

As for the TX5 vs barina...... not sure if they were competitors IMO. Small Vs Medium? huh?

As for Holden bringing out fast hatches, SO TRUE! The LATEST SRi (nov+ 04) with the red brakes and upgraded bumpers is just to die for! I must disagree with ford not having anything to compete with! The Fiesta has a 1.6L.... the SRi has a 1.8L.... BUT the base model Barina has a lousy 1.4L! At least the Fiesta is halfway. And its for this reason that even if the ST came out here... i dont think it would compete with the Barina SRi, but rather the 206 GTI and the likes of the Clio.

But its all so true, Ford dont have sporty small hatches, and there marketing is absolute crap! The fiesta ad is a disgrace! I think they have learnt, as lately i havent been seeing that German Engineers commercial, and instead a Silver Zetec with 16s driving through the streets of what looks like a european city. About time! I just hope they learn... and dont have South Africans lying on the bonnet of the Focus :

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote