View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 01:32 PM   #18
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dunno, I paid 10 bux for a crownie in a club before, good thing I wasnt buying a round.

Binge drinkers are usually under 20 years of age, over 18 they generallly are thinning out. Still get occasional heavy drinkers but not many bingers.

I remember hitting the turps at parties when I was 15-17 and sure as hell no one rocked up with a carton of jim beam and cola. Most of the "binge drinkers" there were drinking PassionPop (2 bottles for $10), cask wine, or a bottle of spirits of some sort, maily the cheaper ones around the 20-25 dollar mark (old crow, real mccoy, Vat 69, grants etc...).

Its also funny, In the NT when they were to reform alcohol sales to prevent drunk itinerants (indigenous) they stopped alot of the cask wine and port sales in certain bottle shops that were hotspots, yet they targer binge drinking by taxing 80 a carton stuff a few bucks more, not that many people would by it in the first place.

If they were serious about this, they wouldnt just tax it out of reach, they would actually make steps in the right direction too. Raising the drinking age will do nothing, better education and perhaps limiting the quantities they can be bought in.

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote