View Single Post
Old 22-12-2008, 12:14 PM   #16
Reddevil
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE Ute
I had a GPS in my AU (it's in another car now) but i put it on the windscreen above the rear vision mirror, it was able to fit in there nicely (it's a small unit), and with the dark tint there, it was invisible from outside the car.. It came with a thin power lead (as well as the ciggie lighter one), i hooked it in to the back of the ciggie lighter and ran it behind the dash, up the A pillar, and across the top of the windscreen, i was able to tuck it in behind the trim the whole way. It was a neat, invisible install, and i didn't have to take it down every time i parked the car, which is a pain in the bum. If your unit fits up there, and can get a signal, it's a good way to go..
Thats not a bad idea actually, not sure if mine will fit tho because of its size but I always just dismissed the idea without trying it. Other thing which might sink that is the stupid top sliding cradel design thing on the latest navman's - probably make it awkward to get in and out of the cradle if I do want to take it out.

Might have a go at it later on and see if it works for me. Taking it down everytime is a major PITA.