View Single Post
Old 16-01-2009, 04:24 PM   #79
Katoomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
Ok so then why not take it to KMart or your friendly mechanic and tell them to fix the problems and charge Ford I was told ages ago here that you are not forced to go to your Ford dealer let's see how that works....one thing to do service work I think it's not that easy to do warranty repairs

apstar
When I mention Kmart here it's because they have satisfactorily done my mechanical work for quite a few years now. I just cannot see why a Ford dealer needs to charge double the amount for less work. Toyota's Camry services are approx $140 - perhaps that is why they are so successful these days here and in America against the stone-age thinking of Holden and Ford. I would never have bought a Mondeo if it had been built or designed in Australia.

Surely when you pay nearly $40,000 for a car, it's fair not to expect it to leak, and for the a/c to work properly.

Dealers have to do the warranty work regardless of where it's serviced as long as the service people do a log book service and stamp the book.

Quote:
Car manufacturers are not legally entitled to make it a condition of your warranty that you get your car serviced at one of their franchised dealers.

Let's say you have been using an independent workshop for several years and are happy with their work and charges. You can still use them when you buy a new car, and preserve your warranty rights, as long as:

1. You adhere to the manufacturer's servicing schedule;
2. your preferred workshop is correctly licensed; and
3. genuine or approved replacement parts are used.
http://www.mynrma.com.au/cps/rde/xch...hould_know.htm

Last edited by Katoomba; 16-01-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Katoomba is offline   Reply With Quote