View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 10:07 PM   #12
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee
Thanks for the responses all, yes I'm just a bit concerned about the interior finish, will go and check some out in the flesh on the weekend.
I've spotted a nice XR6 with only 9000 kays in a orange that I like but she says it's too big and she can't park it, we currently have a BA Futura thats all scratched up from her parking attempts.
I had a BA Fairmont before the Mondeo and the Mondeo is no easier to park. It has a bigger turning circle so if anything it is harder to park in tight car parks. Luckily it has front/rear parking sensors (Zetec) so that makes life a bit easier for the other half.

If I was you I would go for a Zetec over the base model. For a start the trim is nicer plus there is a host of other features that the base model does not have. I see you are from Perth? The Air Con in the Mondeo is nothing compared to a Falcon, I am actually very disappointed with it. The car itself is very good and much much better built then the local Fords, however it is not perfect and I have picked many faults with it over the last 15k, but you just live with them because it all "normal" according to Ford.

It is a great car and a joy to drive, lot more comfortable then a BA and the 6 speed auto is fantastic and certainly does not hunt for gears. The tank will take about 66-69L of fuel and we get anywhere from 740-780kms from 95PULP with the AC on all the time and 60:40 split between freeway and city driving.