Thread: Drags
View Single Post
Old 31-03-2009, 02:43 PM   #10
thunderoo
Blueprint of Perfection

Brian was not right......it done nothing but play up / ping / and run like crap until i put a fresh tank of fuel in it at Wauchope...which was V power again....which only proves it was a bad lot of fuel. Alan in the passengers seat will 2nd all that. And it has ran on V power from day one with no probs, and ran down to port on V power, over took a car at 100 k's with axel tramp all the way until i passed him. Allan thought the diff was going to fall out until i told him that it was axel tramp. Only ran like crap from filling up at Port right until i was just out of Wauchope when i gave it another hit along the oxley highway.....And yes julz...i am quite happy to be in one piece also. As for the other cars filling up....Melissa filled up with V power also..no probs...but all those cars that were mentioned are not critical to have 98, they will run fine on a lower octane, the 393 is very critical to run 98 or above, due to the tune set up and compresion ratio and the large lift and duration of cam and ignition timming that it runs. Anything less....it will let you know, which it did.
1974 XB COUPE
NO TRACTION AT EASTERN CREEK

HERS
BOSS 260 03 XR8 SEDAN
COLD AIR INTAKE BY PERFORMER SHAKERS
FULL X-FORCE QUAD TIPPED EXHAUST SYSTEM
thunderoo is offline   Reply With Quote