View Single Post
Old 15-04-2009, 02:10 AM   #85
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
I understand more than you obviously. I actually own a business and employ many people...profitably. I don't get handouts, I fight the good fight everyday.... everyday, 365 days a years for the last 30 odd years. I make sure I pay ny people very well, I take an interest in the employees families, I donate probably as much as you earn in a year to charity, I mentor young engineers and apprentices. I'm a Godammned legend in my own mind.

The alternative you are asking about is to let the company run it's course, just like any other business has to. The heartache of failure, the fear of debt, the loyalty to employees, these are all weights that responsible business owners carry. Of course I'm affected, but I'm not myopic.

What do you bring to the table that makes you so cocksure you know who I am and what I know? Tell us how you are a success in business and all things economic that gives you a unique insight into why a foreign govt should nationalise it's industry... Germany 1934? Your occupation certainly doesn't point to anything that resembles the qualifications necessary to make judgements about other members, so why do you think you have the right to lambast others?
Ah the good old I'm a hero/the world would be far worse off without me capitalist ego.

Reality check:

1. You perks/benefits of owning a business outweigh anything with the word handout in it.

2. Instead of boasting blind sums why don't we look at the percentage of your income you donate rather than the amount. And if you weren't blessed with all this income I doubt you'd be donating in the first place.

3. The reason those charities don't have money in the first place is because capitalists have a monopoly on the market and take advantage of it, hoard all the money which results in a majority suffering for the minority.
An example of this would be the oil companies, the price for petrol is ridiculously steep for the average family, causes lots of grief/stress, all because someone wants to have a diamond coated Mercedes Benz.

No matter how ruthless you are, you supply jobs and donate to charity and once that happens you're a hero.

I'll probably get executed for treason tomorrow, note however that government decision will be heavily influenced by some capitalist.

Last edited by ILLaViTaR; 15-04-2009 at 02:16 AM.
ILLaViTaR is offline   Reply With Quote