View Single Post
Old 20-05-2009, 11:55 AM   #12
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted
Thats the problem with buyers. They think that they have to use "tactics" to get the best deal.
Why not try just telling the truth and I will show you respect.
Tell your dealer what you would like to pay. Make it realistick and if they can't do it ask what they can do. Never take there first offer thats a no brainer.

The buyer v's seller situation is bound to cause some pain from time to time. My point was simple enough. If I walk in today and get the today only price, and somebody else walks in tomorrow and gets the same price than it was never a today only price. I take your point re end of month, but that just means that I need to come back again at the end of the next month. End of financial year makes a difference as does end of calendar year as does how many cars have been sold that month because if the budget has been met or exceeded than there isn’t any need to discount anymore cars that month and that’s fair enough. There is nothing wrong with a dealer trying to get the maximum just as there is nothing wrong with the buyer trying to reduce the cost as much as he can. I know I’ve hit the bottom when the dealer is prepared to let me walk and that’s fine too.

You have no doubt sold more new cars than I have purchased, but I tend to build relationships with dealers that I trust and with whom I like. Etheridge Ford is one of those, they will always compete on price which quite frankly is expected anyway but the real advantage they have over every other dealer I have done business is that they actually care about their customers, nothing is too much trouble and the after sales service is second to NONE! The key word is trust and you can not put a value on that. I just hope that the people you sell cars to can say the same about you that I can say about Ron, Andrew, David and the rest of the staff at Etheridge. Cheers
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote