View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 09:27 AM   #18
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbly
I'm not sure I'd go for the keyless operation. That is unless all previous problems have been fixed.
Scribbly, I'm with you. But we haven't heard many of these complaints for a while, and on the Euro site, it isn't a big thing on there either.

I did read one post where it was said that because the car's battery is probably old and not always in use because of sitting on docks and in boats. I don't know if a new battery sorts the issue, but you'd have to think that now that these cars are at least 2 years old and older in Europe that the issue might be sorted.

I could be 100% wrong though. I spoke to a bloke with a XR5 and he said that the issue is that since you don't need a key, if you are the passenger and have the 'key' you can leave the car and the driver can happily go about their business. Until they need to start the car, and the 'key' is with you.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote