View Single Post
Old 23-12-2009, 11:59 AM   #42
Francis

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownba
1. Yes many years ago we used alot of them were I was working as they were cheap from Toyota. I never really liked them. The build quality reminded me of Champion plugs, and I HATE Champions. Never really had too many issues that I recall, the one thing I didn't like is that you had to regap every plug as the listings were not gap specific in alot of cases. Bosch will always give you a listing of a plug with the correct gap for the application so the centre and ground electrode are always square with each other.

2. The listing is for their double platinum plug. Once again I do like these plugs because of the ultra fine centre electrode provides a awesome platform for spark to jump from. I have personally seen these go head to head with a popular Iridium plug on a test bench and you can physically see the Iridium break down and begin to miss fire at around 9500Rpm. And we captured the ignition pattern on a oscilloscope and it was ugly at high RPM to say the least. The Bosch double platinum actually made it passed 16,000rpm equivalent and still ran strong.

If you want the ultimate for your car I would try to chase the new Bosch Fusion plugs. I will check for you if they have a listing for the V8.
Hi mate, any luck finding a Bosch plug that is suitable?
Francis is offline   Reply With Quote