View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 05:10 PM   #1
Dr Neo Lao
Starter Motor

Default Where to go: non-under bonnet repairs?

Hi everyone, new to the forums - hope this is the right place. Had a look around the existing posts and such but didn't find this so I figured I'd ask.

I recently picked up a 1998 Falcon ute longreach. Got it a bit cheaper since it's a fix-er-upper. There's a bunch of stuff I can do myself, but there are some things that I can't.

Can anyone tell me where one takes cars for repairs that don't have to do with the engine? Specifically, there is an issue with the door locks. There appears to be a physical obstruction stopping the key from turning one way (I can unlock the doors but not lock them). I pulled the doors apart as much as I could but to my eye there was nothing amiss.

I've got it booked in to the mechanic on monday for a service (and to get a list of what else needs doing) so while I'm there I'll ask him if they do that sort of work - if not, I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

Also, the driver's door seems to be hanging lower - the top corner strikes on the door pillar (more like "rubs heavily"). I had this issue with my old XF, but I never bothered fixing that one. Had a look at all the bolts and such on the door hinges to see if there was anything I could tighten up, but it all looked solid.

Is that a known issue with an easy fix? Or a "take it to body repair shop" kind of thing?

Thank you.

Dr Neo Lao is offline   Reply With Quote