View Single Post
Old 17-03-2010, 02:05 AM   #8
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julza
awesome stuff riksta, have been collecting on and off for the last 15 years or so (all still mint in pack etc). Like SDKC has said, if you're keen on getting a whole set for 2010 it will take a bit of commitment and will really have your work cut out finding every car (not impossible but time consuming!) I reckon they're great to collect being quite cheap.

Cheers,
Julza

P.S. Where did you find the ghostbusters car? Been trying to get one for a while!
I've got the commitment, one of my mates (also a member here, I won't name him unless he owns up LOL) is into it, him and I have been known to suss out as many stores as we can in an afternoon on the weekends just looking for new stuff, things we haven't seen before, rare ones etc.

I was lucky with the Ghostbusters car, I have my name down with a Toyworld store, they call me when they get a new carton in. Since I'm looking for work at the moment I was able to shoot straight down as soon as they called me, I grabbed it, was the only one in the whole box (of 72 cars), according to people on the Hot Wheels Collectors forums they're a bit rare. Then someone else on there said there's 2 per box, but the one I've got is the ONLY one I've actually seen, although they have been spotted at other stores.

Have you got any photos of yours, any special ones you'd care to show?

As for kids collecting them, I was at the shops with a friend today, I grabbed two Mustangs (67 Shelby & 2010 Mustang GT) and a Veyron for her little four year old boy - to open and play with. It wasn't until I got home my heart sank as I realised I don't actually have the 2010 Mustang GT yet, only the Shelby version of it!!! Oh well, hopefully I'll find another one for my collection! Apparently that one's his favourite of the three I gave him, she now hates me as she's a fan of the Red Lion as opposed to the Blue Oval, and I'm apparently converting him Can't wait to get him an XB GT!
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote