View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 09:19 PM   #5
b2tf
not here much anymore

Some interesting thoughts - and yes this thread will be moved to site support.

I do agree with some points made - it is always good (and common sense) to see a picture of what you are considering/buying. As Tibbo has eluded to, the only person the seller hurts by not including pics is themselves, however, we will not be making pictures a mandatory feature of For Sale threads.

Reasons behind this include privacy - if pictures will identify the vehicle/item for sale in such a way it makes it easier to locate by unwanted persons, it's not handy. Furthermore, not everybody has access to a camera, and some sellers would prefer you inspect the item in person anyway. On top of that, some users on dialup etc hate to see pictures as it takes forever to load.

Those wishing to see pictures of an item are advised to send the seller a PM or post in the thread - however there is no need for 4 different people to post "got pics?". Once will do.

Sellers who wish to upload pics but who are unable to do so or have issues doing can send me a PM. Furthermore, if you want to edit pictures or remove them completely, let me know as it is not always possible to edit the first post in a thread.