View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 06:49 PM   #14
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sorry it's been a while, i can't get any pics at the moment as i don't have a camera here, but i did find the little wiring diagram i wrote up when i did the conversion.

i used fairmont switches, which have lights in them, but i'm not sure if xr ones did. i know the front only forte/futura ones didn't so this won't apply to them.

this is the diagram i made up for a 4 door window conversion, i'm not sure if the front only switches are set up the same or not.

the top of the image is the same rotation as the top of the door switches. ie roll the switch over 180deg in your hand and look at it from the bottom.

for the plugs i used small crimping terminals from dick smith (they are about 1/2 the size of the normal insulated ones that you can get). i used electrical tape on the end of them, but heat shrink would probably be better to use, you need to insulate the terminals (if you do it this way) all the way down to the end so they can't touch each other at all. they stay on fairly well, but obviously not as well as the genuine plugs that would normally go into the window switches.

i will try and get some photos when i can get hold of a digital camera, in the meantime i hope that helps a bit
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote