View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 12:57 PM   #16
AGRO
KB TECH SUPPORT

Hi guys.
It was a long weekend for those of us who stayed at the track.
As usual, plenty of laughs on the Friday night.
As mentioned, I drove the car to the track Friday arvo, and fitted the slicks and front runners at the track. The car was on the hoist for the last week in preparation for this event. It didn't come off the hoist till 3.30 Friday arvo, so I was cutting it fine.
All the car had to do, was back up my talk to beat CAT600 from Perth in his twin turbo!
I was having trouble with my clutch spacing air gap, and a quick shim got me within tolerance, but the down fall was, I ended up with way too much peddle travel. I'm working on a stop as we speak, to limit this travel, and will also be removing the box to check clutch wear.
The Friday night saw consistant flat 11's, but I wasn't reving it to redline for fear of a few issues I was having. The car was consistant, but the gear changes were not (my fault). I was shifting at 5000rpm. It's the first time I have driven this car and got all the power down to the ground. It was a little different to tell you the least!!!!
Come Saturday, Chris said " Agro, just rev it a little higher" to which I did, and took it to approx 5500-6000rpm. The reason I was so nervous, is I'm trying a custom belt setup on my car, and everytime I hit the rev limiter, it would break the belt! So I couldn't take it anywhere near the limiter. Unfortunately because of this and the clutch travel, I had too much on my mind to just sit back, relax and drive! Soooo, with a slightly harder launch, the outcome was the 10.8 @ 133.
I got excited and said "that was easy, let me try a little more revs". I staged again and took it to 6000rpm, but unfortunately, buzzed the limiter in second I think, and there went the belt. I was down to my last one, so the day was over.
Back at the pits later on, we discovered the water pump pulley had spun along the shaft, and the pulley was jumping the belt on the crank. Too late however, we had depleted our stocks of belts, and really had no way of fixing it to keep racing. I decided to call it a day. We put the stocki rims back on, ready for the drive home.
My car is "yes Chris" a farm ute. I have some property, and it gets used to move stuff around, tow trailers, carry motorbikes, fire wood etc (hence the scratches all over it). That reminds me, I must one day vacumn the inside!!!
It was raced with my everyday tune on pump fuel, spare, tow bar. It has the 2.8L series supercharger on it. The power and torque is the same as Josh's car with 15lb boost. There is NO advantage in using a 2.8 over a 2.6 at this boost level. A 2.6 will do the same job on my car as the 2.8 done!
When I get some time over the next month, I'm going to try set this car up with 20+psi and see what it does. By then, I should have everything sorted, so the outcome should be rewarding! Bring on the Nationals.......

Regards
AGRO.

PS: Thankyou to all who helped work on my car over the weekend. It is much appreciated.
-------------------------------------------
Hp & Money...It's Never Enough.
AGRO is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: