View Single Post
Old 21-06-2010, 10:17 PM   #16
RPM351

Default No bottle policy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT302
OK...

I take it you want to share because you started the post (if started for bragging rights only thats cool too, definitely something to brag about), but a number of questions have been asked and left unanswered....eg manifold being run (Stefans runs modded cast iron, which would have it limitations)

It is very impressive on the limited info available.

I presume it is on pump fuel? and naturally aspirated (because if it is on the bottle less impressive in my opinion)

It is has made 44 rwhp than Stefan, so I dare say not only does it make more power but it makes it differently because going a "bigger" cam would be useless cosidering your stated 5100rpm over the line. (see Stefan graph below, impressive power curve at peak RPM)

I don't recall Stefan weight, but going by your quoted weight with driver wouldn't be "that" significant a difference comparing to other cars/XY's I have seen on the scales.

So I have to presume "again" the differences being in suspension set up? because we have both mentioned the different tyres being used.

cheers.
Garret,

This is a 98 octane, pump gas daily driver with no tricks,it has all the standard OEM equipment with the exception of a 36gal tank,a 31 spline upgrade output shaft,detroit locker and 31 spline axles,I have a always had a policy of "NO NITROUS" and this is no exception.On Stefan's power graph there is one small but important mistake which I will endevour to correct,the dyno I use needs to calibrate your road speed to your tacho and wasnt on that run but it has no effect on the net output,Stefans car made that peak number at or below 6000rpm.There is no trick suspension,no tramp rods or Cal tracks,no 90/10 shocks or anything else related to drag set ups! By the way its 49rwhp better not 44rwhp.
As for what intake it has its a dual plane aftermarket job with a little TLC.
I will make an effort to post the dyno graphs overlaid on top of each other of both these cars at actual road speed to help clears things up.

Cheers!
NSW 2164
ph/fax.029756 6644
RPM351 is offline   Reply With Quote