View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 09:39 AM   #6
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

its funny people always think of police cars as haveing special hp mods , sometimes it is simple small items that allow them to do the job better.
a bit of trivia , back in the 70`s (XC days) they used to get high speed mods/fixes for the interceptors, for example, fmx auto`s had a habit of blowing auto oil out the dip stick over the engine and hot exhaust manifolds and setting fire to the engine at sustained high speed, (a few came back on tow trucks with burnt engine bay),
so they had a breather modifications, the 1/8 inch hole on the front of filler tube was brazed up, another hole was drilled on the rear of the tube 4 inches down and a peice of fuel line brazed on to it ,a peice of auto cooler hose was then run back to the breather on the auto solving the problem, i doubt they need this sorta thing with todays non foaming lubricants, wheels that came from roh for the police cars had less run out than standard general public rims, at the end of the roh production line they had a guy with a dial gauge checking run out, the very good ones went to vic police, the average ones went to joe public, and over a certain measurment were rejected, i think it was 10 thou, but i could be wrong (it was a long time ago ), so it would not surprise me if the chasers still got some good treatment.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote