View Single Post
Old 13-11-2010, 08:22 PM   #69
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Ok to ad to the rant,

-The people who pullout/pull in front of you & require you to perform an evasive maneuver/ emergency brake. Admittedly I show my appreciation via my steering wheel activated "thank you" button. & They give YOU the bird. Ah WTF? You did the wrong thing. Not me.

-Pulling out on to a dual lane highway/road. Now of course nothing dangerous here but I live 2k's from the Warrego Hwy, & sometimes trying to pull out onto it is a 1 min wait. or more. Sometimes the traffic is just spaced far enough apart for car, after ca,r after 4WD, after truck, after bus, after car, that is just enough to fit into if you accelerate harder than you want, but NOT quite enough if you dont, that its just a monumental wait. Is it that hard to shift your finger 1 inch, one measly inch, turn your steering wheel 10deg to the right, then 10deg back to centre, into the right lane, then vice versa back into the left after you pass the intersection or Petrol Station that the car is trying to pull out of? I do, i move constantly into the right lane on the Warrego Hwy (& other roads) to let these people in. They have places to get to, same as myself. Its called courtesy. Sure it might be blurring the "keep left unless overtaking" rule. But its for a good cause & stops these people that think they have enough room to merge, but dont, & cause an accident.

-As above what gets me worse is these people who move back into the left lane just as your about to merge into it because they were in the right, & had enough room...

-Ignorance: By this I mean: The drivers out there (& this IS stereo typing) such as this
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBII - Should road cars be speed limited thread
Now I may be stereo-typing here, but this is just an example. The same arguement can be made for any age group/sex/race etc, but to me this is usually the worst.

I dont know how many 17-25 year old women know how to control their car. I mean REALLY control their car. This was highlighted this week by my (only) ex-girlfriend. Some how she lost control of her KIA RIO, spun around into the other lane, & rollled the nose of the car along the concrete barriers at Redbank. It put the cars nose out of joint, & bent the drivers guard but thats it. All the other cars, & truck managed to stop behind her safely.

She is fine, the airbags didnt deploy, but she has a little bruising from the seatbelt if you get my drift, however I cannot remember accuratley the amount of times I got a call from her in rain saying that she was scared to drive... She doesnt know what under or oversteer is, drives pretty much mindlessly along with her radio at full volume... Now Im not judging, because I wasn't there. I have given her the benifit of the doubt on this one... The accident was just one of those things that can happen.. There's a number of scenarios that could have played out. But It has got me thinking. How one earth did she loose control THERE?
Most drivers don't know about driving techniques, & these girls wouldn't know oversteer from bull queer. Its damn scary when you really think about this. How many drivers know what: understeer is, how weight shifting affects your car, at what point your particular car's ABS will cut in during an emergency brake (this is commonly met with <insert sweet young secretary voice here>"what's BAS?", my answer: "Business Activity Statement") & how to REALLY control their car. By knowing what your car can do & what your car can't do. What that car in front, behind, on the left/right of you can & cant do. Not to mention what the actual driver can & cant do! The only time this is found out is when ultimately when its too late... If they (as in the general road using public) actually knew this, how safer our raods would be. In this case ignorance is not bliss...... Its life & death, keeping a limb or having it amputated, feeling shaken & stirred, but proud you got yourself out of that situation, or the guilt for the rest of your life that if you had that knowledge beforehand.................
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.