View Single Post
Old 21-11-2010, 03:45 PM   #20
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Quote:
jeez have to be unlucky to be rearended by someone using a mobile in 1994
It was the high profile head of a large organisation in Perth and he was aghast that I had stopped while turning left to let pedestrians cross on the green lights (as the law requires there being no walk signals) - he actually argued that they should not have been there and I should have run over the pedestrians rather than let his BMW run into the back of me. Unfortunately, the mobile was also too chunky for me to shove it down his throat. He also tried to get out of paying for the damage although he was in a company car and on a massive salary. It took more than a year for his insurers to settle.

Actually, all but one of these accidents was more than 10 years ago so maybe with experience drivers have actually got better at driving while talking on mobiles. But I have also changed my job so my daily route to work in recent years mainly involves freeway driving with few intersections etc. Certainly mobiles have also got easier to use as well and that may be a factor.