View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 11:44 PM   #52
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
I posted the comment, because a car should still feel reasonably new at 50,000kms. Not as though it was about to fall apart. FORD cars (any car)should be able to take rental car abuse, without falling apart. or are rental XR6's built differently to public models???????
My BF Mk2 GHIA has done nearly 80,000kms in three years, and still drives like new.Log book servicing and one set of tyres is all its had. Very impressed with the car. Not even considering a G6E.
Not even considering a superior car? I understand why a lot on this forum get ignorant and envious when it comes to comparing with cars on the red team (and vice-versa) but when you make a petty attack on an improved newer model of the same brand it is beyond childish.

What do you think Ford spent 500 million on when they developed the FG? A few new panels and some fancy colours? The FG is a better car in every way in comparison to the BF. Why have they received so much critical acclaim and praise?

If the FG XR6 had been treated like you treat your BF Ghia it would feel miles ahead everywhere. If your Ghia had been treated like the FG XR6 had it would feel twice as bad and worse for wear. I don't even need to comment on how ridiculous it is that you are denouncing the entire FG range over a flogged rental car.

You do have an excellent car by all means, but the FG is undoubtedly better (even models of a lower spec than yours). Be a good sport and test drive a proper G6E or even an XR6 and then you'll "feel the difference" (awful pun not intended).