View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 09:54 AM   #43
zoomie
Owner of "0066" F6 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01
I guess if they are talking about oil dilution then you have a diesel CX7? I know you haven't done many km but has the oil level increased to the X on the dipstick (which is above the FULL mark)? Apparently it is more of a problem in city cars that do short trips. There is plenty of info out there on the web about the issue. It was more of a problem in the 2.0L diesels.

As for the extended warranty, that just sounds like all of the other extended warranties out there which bassically aren't worth the paper they are written on. However that doesn't excuse the dealer trying to BS you.
Oil dilution is also a bit of a problem on the DISI (direct injected spark ignition) turbo 2.3L petrol engines as well (CX7, MPS3 and MPS6 uses these engines).

When i had my MPS3 i had a oil test done by castrol after the turbo seal/bearing shat itself and it was found that oil dilution with petrol was abnormally high (apprently it is a issue with some direct injected petrol engines), the the oil had only been in the engine for 1200kms and was the recommended Castrol Sport edge for the car.
I guess the car running AFR's of high 9's when on boost from factory didnt help with the above.
zoomie is offline   Reply With Quote