View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 10:32 AM   #40
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by glavas
I dont get what you mean???? A small 4 cylinder hatch with gear in the boot and 4 adults would struggle up a steep hill you would have to rev it's guts out. Were my maloo could do it with 8 people in the tray and not even break a sweat. Frankly these whole thing about little cars being better on fuel is nonsense. Large cars have come along way in the fuel consumption department. And after owning v8's all my life I still believe if your getting under 15l/100km your doing well.

glavas - you totally missed the point flappist was making. i think he was having a go at your fuel economy, inferring that it was achieved driving downhill.

as for the large v small thing, some people still prefer large cars, regardless of whether smaller cars are more than capable. its that simple. no point arguing that a smaller car will do the job if the person doesn't want a smaller car.

for 90% of the time, i could make do with a smaller car, but every year we drive to qld for a holiday. you can't fit 4 people and luggage in a smaller car and travel 2000km accross the country in comfort with reasonable economy. well, i'm sure some would argue that you can, but we cant. not with esky and stroller and 4 cases and various other stuff.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote