View Single Post
Old 13-12-2010, 02:32 PM   #34
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 388cube_edxr8
LOL I never said it would make a good track attack vehicle. There are heaps of Jap and US 4x4s you can spec with a V8, why should the Territory be any different, especially as the car it is based on has a V8 option.

Personally, I like the idea of a MustangFalconTerritory.

"Hello, I'd like to buy a big Ford please."

"Certainly sir, would you like a coupe, sedan, ute, wagon or big wagon? Comfort, lifted or sports suspension? 2WD or 4WD? Small turbo 4 pot, big six, big turbo six, or really big supercharged V8?"

Platform sharing has so many possibilities, and could be relatively cheap, if done right. Admittedly, you could build some abominations, but there are some cool options there too. Typhoon Mustang, Supercharged V8 4x4 Territory, EcoBoost Falcon Wagon (Fleet), lifted 4x4 Falcon RTV Ute, the list goes on. With so many combinations, you could have whatever you wanted, at a reasonable price, with a warranty.
The problem is that in order to do this every single combination must be engineering tested.
This is the law and there is no way round it so all of a sudden every single combination doubles in price and no one will buy any.

Or are you quite happy to pay $130,000 for your V8 Territory or wagon?
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote