View Single Post
Old 23-02-2011, 03:47 AM   #4
Halfmo Rocks
Bearded Hermit

- warehouse storeman
- usual 40 hour week. overtime shows up here & there, sometimes alot, often nothing...but pretty random & unexpected.

-currently on the arvo shift...gets me a touch under 45K per year...but i'm going back to the dayshift in 2 days...will get me a bit under 40K per year. i hate to lose the cash, bills are mounting...but less muppets on the daytime roster & i won't have miss the tv broadcast of the NRL season this year

pros : packing boxes & loading pallets i do enjoy...wandering around the warehouses playing music on the ipod while i do so...getting lost in my own world i enjoy very much

cons : having to co-exist with people who can't stack pallets if their lives depended on it makes my day tougher, same people thinking i'm getting helped out by management...when simply i'm just a faster/more efficient worker
: a warehouse is a big tin shed, so summers are a little on the warm side...and i'm like a polar bear who loves the cold more than most of his mates.
: lots of heavy lifting involved...so being sick or injured mostly means time off rather than working through it

previously...AUII Futura, BAII XR6T ute, BFII XT, BF XR6...with a holden barina & a renault clio thown in at times of financial crisis