Thread: Panic Attacks
View Single Post
Old 16-06-2011, 03:00 PM   #47
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Panic Attacks

One day 20 years ago I was at a conference where there were around 1,000 other people seated in this auditorium. I had this weird sensation come over me as if I was gonna faint, so i rushed out to the mens room washed my face and started to feel better - walked back inside and everything was fine, and thought nothing more of it, putting it down to not having lunch and being a bit fatigued and busy

A few months later I was on a crowded train one morning and actually did faint in the aisle. Went to the doctors who did a range of tests - everything was fine.

This happened again (on a train) a year or so later....had more tests - everything was fine. Then a few months after that happened I fainted in a crowded food court while buying lunch - laying there with people around me wondering WTF was going on.

On each of these occasions I panicked once the symptoms set in and tried to find an entrance to get out of the situation.

Doctor put it down to panic attacks (had never heard of them before this) and referred me to a psychologist for a few sessions - didn't work
Went onto Zoloft for a few years - they certainly helped but I didn't want to stay on medication all my life so went off those in 2003
Had hypnotherapy for 4-5 sessions - didn't work.
Tried the Linden method - Load of crock

So 20 years on and no solution - just live with it. I get them every few months. I find I try and avoid waiting in long queues, avoid crowded situations etc although in my job as a Finance Director for a national law firm I often have to do presentations and talk to groups of people.

I even find an attack can come on while driving which is a scary thought. It's brough on claustrophobia for me , something I never worried about before these attacks.

I'd pay thousands for a solution that actually WORKS !
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote