View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 09:42 AM   #207
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Coyote XR8 still a year away

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E
You know...

...seeing as how the Greens now hold not only the balance of power in parliament, but also now the Senate, and some of the whacky "environmental" ideas they have so far spouted as being the main push for them in the near future, if I was deciding whether to make a new V8 anything, I'd be a little wary and hold off until I saw whether they were going to attempt to try and tax engines of a certain capacity or which can't meet a set minimum fuel economy figure out of existance before committing a large wad of cash to production...
Good point, because a lot of us Victorians forget that Queenslanders pay a big premium to drive a V8. In fact, it is very expensive to own a V8 in all regards, i.e, rego, fuel, servicing, and in the case of the Miami, new underpants every time you floor it............
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote