View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 08:37 PM   #14
crakrz
T3 TE50 Blueprint

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Craig has shown and shared an outstanding amount of knowledge in the field of Tuning. Craig is only to happy to share with anyone that asks his knowledge on the EEC tuning system, in particularly in the use of Moates Quarterhorse and Binary Editor. 
Default Re: AU tuning options

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
Any idea on the cost of the MQH on top of the J3?
Best bet is to PM Matt@Bullett Performance Racing (forum sponsor) for an accurate figure. Please do not quote me here as it was quite a while back. I'm pretty sure it was $450-500 plus $130 for the software and of course dyno time, plus the cost of the laptop.

Now I can hear some people already saying "You can get a custom SCT X-cal3 tune for that". And you would be correct. The $$ worked out to be about equal. But now I have total control, and I won't get told that my hardware is no longer supported 3-5 years later. Its not for everyone but it was perfect for me.

I found a pic of the QH unit too. The black part underneath is the J3 edge connector just like any other J3 chip, and the yellow part in the top left corner is the USB connection.

-Craig
crakrz is offline   Reply With Quote