Thread: New to cycling
View Single Post
Old 27-09-2011, 02:53 PM   #135
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Default Re: New to cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
These pedals are great if you share your bike with someone else who isnt a keen cleat wearer too. One thing about those pedals though is that for me with cleats, I'd want to make sure the pedal was the right way around after stopping at a set of lights or what ever. I can imagine myself trying to flick the pedal the other way round while still trying to maintain balance and setting off trying to keep up with traffic.

For me, I don't ride without clip shoes. Im used to it now and I make earnest mental notes of where I am when approaching areas where I need to stop and un-clip from the pedal.
Having had them on my bike now for about a month - i can tell you that the pedals have a weighted tendency to "fall" platform side down. That means that the cleated side invariable ends up on top - making it very easy to clip back in...... Its actually harder to find the platform side when you are unclipped and riding with your runners !!!!!!

I've had a couple of incidents when I first started riding 4 years ago with being clipped in.....I ended up on the ground a couple of times after starting off from the lights uphill - incorrect gear - not enough inertia - both feet clipped in - down she goes..........

Not verry happy at the time....but looking back on it now - very funny.

These pedals basically allow you to ride with almost any SPD shoe / runners - clipped in or unclipped.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote