View Single Post
Old 30-09-2011, 08:49 PM   #46
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 
Default Re: Hospital cover, who has it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
this is why i've said a couple of times, its not a 'one size fits all' argument. everyones situation is different.

my daughter is type 1 diabetic. the insulin pump she is on is $8000+ and is only garaunteed for 4 years, so this means every 4 years you are up for the cost of a new one. if you have private health, it is free. either way, it is costing us about $8k every 4 years some things aren't just 'pay once' scenario.

before this, i would never have been able to justify private health. its an individual decision.
Sorry to hear about your daughter.

You do realise though that when you say - if you have private health, it is free. - that it isn't free, because you're paying for it monthly anyhow.
EDIT: Never mind that statement I just re-read what you wrote earlier and of course you know. But the below still may apply to you.

Aside from that, are you aware you may be eligible for for up to 80% subsidy from Medicare.
http://www.jdrf.org.au/s/media/insul..._questions.pdf

Last edited by Sox; 30-09-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Sox is offline   Reply With Quote