Thread: XC Cobra #140
View Single Post
Old 13-10-2011, 12:16 PM   #206
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 
Default Re: XC Cobra #140

The tyres were bought new in about 2003/2004 from my local tyre supplier. I would have to find the receipt to see what the cost was, but they were not cheap. At the same time, I also asked for the 2x265 & 2x295 tyres, of which I had to wait 3 months to get: they had to make them (in Japan) and then send them out. Lastly, I bought 4 new 245 Yokohama's from Bob Jane T marts (circa 2001) for my ZH Fairlane that I had at the time.

All of these tyres (I have just checked - I still have the 245's from the ZH) all have the same ribbing along the upper side wall of the tyre??????

AS far as I am aware, they are all new and not retreads. At any rate, it is far too late to make a claim but what I will do is to take a few pics and send them off with a query to the Yokohama Technical department and see if I can get an answer.

Anyways, the short motor is almost assembled but as I am doing the XD 351 as well, I am not progressing too fast. Will post up more pics on the weekend.
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote