Thread: SVT Upgrade
View Single Post
Old 21-12-2011, 08:08 PM   #24
REDDYZ

Default Re: SVT Upgrade

At last... I started my kat and it started in first go as usual without a miss. This time no hiccups. I let it idle it for a while to warm up and checked for air leaks between UIM and LIM, checked for vacuum leaks and when convinced took it for a drive. Throttle response is instant. Has become a bit sensitive, responds as soon as you touch it. I think this is all because of cleaned UIM and LIM.

Acceleration is quick and smooth, the main difference is when IMRC opened. Around 40kmph shifted to 2nd from third and pushed down accelerator, woo..hoooo.... that was awesome. Feels like a tiny turbo kicked in. You can feel IMRC kicking in very clearly. So much difference from stock setup. On freeway ramp it hit 100 effortlessly.

This is just with k&n panel filter in stock airbox. K&N Apollo pod filter is on the way. Just can't wait to get my hands on that. To be frank I was happy with stock setup on my kat. But now this is so much fun.

I will have to upgrade injectors when I fit MSDS headers. I will replace MAF with MAP and get it custom tuned to suit new injectors and thats it. I will stop there.... hopefully..hehe
Ex Cougar - 00' MTX 2.5L (Limited edition Eibach Cougar); Dark Green Tourmaline; Lowered with Eibach tuned suspension from factory; SVT UIM, LIM & Throttle body; Supercat 2.5" dual exhaust with twin pipe quad outlets; Custom headers; Custom coloured instrument cluster; K&N Apollo CAI kit; Calibre oil catch can.

Now driving a Lexus RX 450h. Your guess is correct that I am a family man now.
REDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote