View Single Post
Old 28-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #60
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 
Default Re: Focus Titanium vs Cruze SRi-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat66
The specs on the Ford website list the turning circle as being 11m in all models. We have the standard 17" wheels on our Sport and find the turning circle is fine.
I find that the ride is a little bit too hard and bumpy in ours. But that's just because we are used to something a bit softer. I'm already starting to get used to it.
From what I've read, the Focus was designed around 16 inch wheels. By increasing the wheel size the lock to lock turn has to be adjusted to stop the wheels scraping. According to Wheels Magazine the 18 inch wheels has increased the turning circle by up to 1.4 meters.

After reading testing the Sport and now the Titanium the difference in turning is noticeable. The Sport is fine, the Titanium can not do the same turn.

My wife noticed the poor turning circle last night, and commented that our Territory has a better turn.

I suppose it's what your used to; I like a tight turning circle.

The Yanks Focus has an 18 inch wheel option, the turning circle on that model is 12.2m

EDIT: Sorry getting all confused. The 17's are fine it's the 18 x 8in wheels that are the problem!
especially concerning their love of the motor vehicle.

http://www.fireservicecollege.ac.uk

Last edited by johnydep; 28-01-2012 at 03:23 PM.
johnydep is offline   Reply With Quote