View Single Post
Old 31-01-2012, 01:03 AM   #13
SumoDog68
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Must provide RWC to buyer to sell a car? VIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
Yes it does say that the seller provides the RWC. ..... but for the purpose of a vehicle transfer ....... the buyer only needs to hand over a RWC with the transfer at VR. Who gets the RWC does not matter to VR .... it is not a dodgy way to do things ..... quite a legitimate (actually illegal? Don't know but have discussed it at VR and they literally do not care as long as all the paperwork is legit. There is no way of getting a transfer without the RWC.

Because it is an option for a better negotiation on price. I have bought $800 cars registered. Saves the hassle of re registration and I would not have bought the car with a RWC or un registered and the seller would not have sold it with a RWC for various reasons.

Each to their own ...... if you don't want to do it for what ever reason ..... don't. Easy.

Main reason for seller not to provide RWC on older car is the cost - costs more
then car itself in case of $800 car.
RWC tester would be very careful to issue a certificate on such a car knowing buyer would complain if some items were missed which could endanger his testers license.
In case of buyer doing the RW himself things are different as he is not going to complain to anyone and now we ve got a car that is not roadworthy on the roads.
So it is dodgy practise in my opinion.
SumoDog68 is offline   Reply With Quote