View Single Post
Old 28-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #255
z80
Banned

Default Re: who amongst us have gone solar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagg1991
The carbon dioxide absorbed by the wood during its lifetime far exceeds the carbon dioxide produced by burning the wood.!
Far exceeds? No way.

Quote:
Unfortunately, there are so many excuses that people find not to install solar hot water, but everyone will have to go solar hot water eventually.
!
That sounds like solar industry wishful thinking....

Quote:
As I mentioned earlier in the thread, electric hot waters will not be available to purchase brand new in the future, and soon after that, gas hot water will not be available to buy new in the future, and the only option will be solar.!
I dunno about solar being the only option, and i am sure that full electric water heaters will always be available.

A bit hard to put solar hot water on a 37th floor apartment or a terrace house in the shade in inner city melbourne....

Quote:
However, by that time, that cost will be much higher than it is now because the government won't have to give incentives, you'll only be able to buy solar anyway!
I disagree...I've been alive long enough to realize that prices always go up almost immiediately when a rebate is in place.

Rebates stifle competition and encourage price fixing.

Prices usually go up by the exact amount that the rebate amounts to.

Solar panels, LPG conversions, solar hot water,roof insulation...all the same.
z80 is offline   Reply With Quote