View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #87
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Default Re: Is all wheel drive necessary or a gimmick for most cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevaclone
We here in Australia only get a very small range of vehicles compared to some markets, The 4Runner for instance(which is still available) could be had as a 2WD and I'm pretty sure I've seen ads for 2WD 100 series Landcruiser

Whilst I'm not doubting what you have written, personally I have never seen a 2WD 100 series Landcruiser, nor a 2WD 4 Runner in person, despite dealing with a large Toyota dealership for 8 years. I'm fairly sure the 4 Runner is called that, because it is a 4WD . The name is actually a Toyota Hilux 4 runner. The normal Hilux was available in 2WD and 4WD.

IMA, the 100 series Landcruiser, I am fairly confident, has been discontinued. The new model is the 200 series.

I am happily correct though.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone