View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #81
Spinner77

Default Re: WS Fiesta - Alternative Long Term Review

Since this thread has been largely about complaints, may I respectfully point out something that could add a little perspective?

I have just glanced through 12 pages of Q&A Ask Smithy on News Ltd's website:
http://www.carsguide.com.au/tools-and-advice/q-and-a

In something like 100 questions, I could not see a single complaint about the Fiesta. On the other hand, you can quickly see models and brands that seem to show an unusual level of problems.

What I am suggesting is that Smithy's column can serve as a rough, very rough sample of the complaints out there.

Sure it is far from perfect, probably attracting a disproportionate number of people who read the Daily Telegraph and Herald Sun. No doubt some of the questions asked of Smithy do not get up, because a sub-editor thinks they are too boring, or Smithy thinks are too basic.

Here is my point. If you are looking for a sample of owner experiences of cars generally, it is hard to go past Smithy to get a general idea of the dogs out there. Even if in the next week, there is a complaint or two about the Fiesta, the picture will stay the same.

In the larger scheme of things, and by comparison with other vehicles, a reasonable conclusion to draw is that the Fiesta does not do too badly at all.
Spinner77 is offline   Reply With Quote