View Single Post
Old 22-07-2012, 12:56 PM   #42
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Default Re: Sick People in this world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
If I could, I would destroy all guns - come up with a really good, practical and necessary reason for a gun, and I may change my mind. But often the argument for a gun is to protect oneself from another with a gun. Take the guns away, and what is the need? Keep in mind we don't need to shoot our food any more - abattoirs take care of the killing process for us. If you want to shoot something for sport, take up xbox or PS3 (some of the games are realistic enough).
i agree with your first 3 paragraphs, but getting rid of all guns, is like getting rid of nudge bars or high performance cars. the average person doesn't need either, but to those who have them, they are valued

i have never owned a gun, but held a shooter's licence in the early 90's. that was the time when they were supposed to be hard to get, but were very, very easy. the only hard bit was waiting a month or 2. the current laws are just about right in my opinion. most people in australia who have them legally do not use them for illegal purposes. sure there are some bad eggs, but i think the current laws are about right

some people like to go to a shooting range, just like others like to go to a drag strip or for a drive out in the country. should they be penalised too much because of this passion. if the owner has a licence and the gun is locked up in a separate box to the ammunition, i don't see where the problem is. if they were planning to go crazy anyway there are other ways to inflict terrible injuries onto many people. you don't need a gun to do that. however, the laws we have make it harder for someone to make a snap decision and go and shoot many people

while i haven't been hunting/sport shooting much at all and haven't been for over 20 years, the xbox is nothing like shooting for sport. i personally do not see a difference in shooting a person or an animal (they both only have one life to give), so i choose not to, but if someone wants to shoot at targets or to catch their food for the night, then why shouldn't they be allowed to
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote