View Single Post
Old 27-09-2012, 12:11 AM   #134
Phil B
Clevo power!

Default Re: Phil B's XB coupe

Well nothing much has happened recently with me being in the middle of nowhere. But yesterday I bought a new rear honeycomb trim for the coupe off ebay. Sorry if anyone else here was going for it! Bidding non round numbers helps guys, its the only way I got it.

Probably cant tell from the pics but the one that's on there is fairly dodgy, was a bad repro apparently, no centre pins and its warped and not sitting on right. Thought about trying to fix it but it's probably out of my league, if anyone wants it to have a crack, let me know, may work with heating and gluing on to hold the warps in (does have all the pins still though).

Still haven't started on the big engine and paint job, saving and waiting to see how this job goes up here, I may be back down south sooner than I thought. Damn outdated and over-regulated planes, hell the coupe has a more modern engine than the ones I work on!

Wondering though should I go for an electronic distributor with the engine rebuild? Not 100% sure what's in there at the moment though, if anyone can tell that'd be good, and also what difference and cost it'll be.

Also looking at carbies, have seen Holley 600's in zinc and aluminium, which is the better one to go for? Pros, cons, differences?

The purple monster, daily BA XR6 turbo.

Scale Lego Technic XB Coupe with working bits! Build thread
Phil B is offline   Reply With Quote