Thread: XC Cobra #140
View Single Post
Old 14-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #293
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 
Default Re: XC Cobra #140

I took a week off recently and have made some good progress on the car. to start with, as mentioned before, I had bought some NOS head light assemblies off eBay. One of the came with a lamp but the other did not. The issue here was that of the being an old style relfector, the usual H4-7's do not fit. The original lamp fortunately came with part numbers so after a quick google search, I found this page

http://www.donsbulbs.com/cgi-bin/r/b...Cp36t~ece.html

At $57 each, I thought, perhaps not! I then further searched eBay and all other sites, to no avail. I then contacted my local car shop and they said that these had not been available for a long time. From the other web page, I had managed to get further information concerning these globes so it was then a case of back to goolge and I found this

http://www.cp-lighting.co.uk/H4-12V-60-55W-P36T-463

As can be seen, at a price of £4.62 compared to $57, the choice was pretty obvious. Only problem was postage - $85 Me being me, left it to the last minute and had buy them at any rate. So, I bought 5; 1 for the missing head light and 4 spares. About 1 week later, they turned up and this was the first job for the week off.

Next was completing the AC compressor.I had also recently got the zinced parts back and the clutch turned out well but the flywheel was not as good as expected. When I spoke with them at pick up time, they had said that they blast the flywheels first. I think that this is part of the problem. The face of the metal is not as you would normally see with blasting but I think next time, I would get the flywheels plastic media blasted first.

At any rate, as it had to be assembled and I had bought the bearings, it was then re-assembled.

Giving it a quick test and was working well

And all completed
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote