View Single Post
Old 13-11-2012, 01:26 PM   #63
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 
Default Re: Problems logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFXR65spd View Post
Well, I'm at my wits end. I've tried all of the above suggestions. I've been through all the guides. I've been through systems files and deleted just about everything I can think of. I even lost windows explorer for a moment which was worrying when my entire desktop evaporated. That MoveOnBoot thing? When I clicked the download button, it installed something called Fulldisk Fighter, which spent something ridiculous like 3 hours going through my entire hard drive to find faults etc, then wanted me to purchase the program to rectify the problems. I've wasted a good couple of hours each night, for the past 4 or 5 nights, with sweet FA to show for it. I still have to log in EVERY time I come to AFF.

I give up. I guess I'll be finding another site to peruse in my free time.

Probably the only thing I can suggest is that you get windows remote desktop going (or VNC server) and ask one of the resident IT nerds here to log onto your machine and have a crack at fixing it up remotely for you.

I'm probably not the best person to help as I haven't used Windows since XP but if nobody else volunteers send me a PM and I can have a crack at helping you.