View Single Post
Old 24-11-2012, 06:07 PM   #11
dan76n

Default Re: $25000 to spend on a used mondeo

We chose the Titanium after driving an LX and although the LX was nice we just liked the extras the Titanium has. Mind you we could of lived with an LX as its still a great car.
Do a comparison on redbook of the two models and that will show you exactly what is different.
My recollection is that the 2011 engine has better fuel economy and power.
The Titanium has the following features I recall that the LX doesn't.
Leather heated seats: they have the soft suede on the backrest and bum area so it doesn't stick to you or burn you on a hot day. Heating works well but won't be used from us too often as we live in QLD
18 inch alloy wheels: depends if you like mag wheels and the replacement cost of 18 inch tyres.
sunroof: something the wife likes so its not too much of a mum car for her.
climate control: alway better than standard air conditioning.
adaptive cruise control: I love this but it suits my driving environment, it could be a pain in athe *** to some.
keyless ignition: this is something my wife loves as when she arrives at the car she doesn't need to find the keys in her bag to open the doors or boot.
Premium sound system: didn't listen to the LX so not sure how much difference there is.
Electric drivers seat: not that great as it doesn't have full control and there is no memory feature for multiple drivers like my Fairmont Ghia.
Front and rear parking sensors.
Cornering headlights. This works quite effectively.
Sports suspension. It's a firmer ride than the LX which can be a personal thing.
The titanium will hold its value better long term as its already lost 20k+ in 3 years and its one hell of a car for under 25k with only 3 years age on it.

Good luck with it all and let us know what you end up getting.
dan76n is offline   Reply With Quote