View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #19
Shockworks

Default Re: SHOCKWORKS......simply the BEST!

Hi Dusty86,

Must be Johno's wedding you are refering to and what a great night.

We have a great kit for the AE86 and GT86. The AE86 kit has a big bore 50mm inverted monotube front strut with top mounts and base height adjustment. The rear has an adjustable spring perch and monotube rear damper with 12 stages of damping force. We have also developed our own very strong stub axle so we dont have to convert the original stubs to suit our strut. We have had great feedback from the customers who have bought the kit. All the tuning is performed around the Danenong ranges and is great for rough winding roads.

Below is a quote from one of our latest customers who has had his 86 for a while.
Quote:
Mind blowing. How can you have comfort AND increased handling at the same time? I was running the GReddy Type S kit previously, which was an awesome piece of kit. However, if a corner surface was irregular, or there was a variation in height, you could feel the tyres skip, and the car getting twitchy. When this happened, it was ha...rd for me to find the limit of adhesion because the feedback I was getting was irregular. It was really more at home on the track.
With Shockworks, you can take the corner in one fluid motion. I'd say the action is more 'mature' in a sense. The behaviour of the car is alot more predictive, because the feedback is constant allowing you to know exactly where you are in terms of tyre grip, over & understeer. Speaking of grip, there's too much of it! Seriously, where'd all this extra grip come from? It feels like I'm rotating the Earth with my wheels (which technically I am from a physics standpoint, but you get what I mean). Don't need a watts link to get that IRS feeling, just a set from Shockworks!

Look forward to hearing from you.
Cheers
Shockworks is offline   Reply With Quote