View Single Post
Old 29-05-2013, 09:34 PM   #1093
4stanger
Powered By EcoBoost

Default Re: Major Ford announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-spec15 View Post
The problem with your statement is that such a narrow range of vehicles are manufactured here, and a Commo or Falcon is not for everyone.

I drive a WRX - show me an Australian manufactured alternative and I will be happy to buy it.

Dad drives a Navara Turbodiesel dual cab and a LandCruiser - what do we make that compares?

Sister drives a Pulsar - Cruze might be an alternative there, but was not around back in 2005.

Mum drives a 200SX - what do we make here in terms of lightweight RWD turbo sports cars?
True to form you will have a very good response to this post but it will be based on your opinion as this one is based on my opinion.
WRX nice cars to look at to some, very powerfull and rally pedigree.
We do have set speed limits in Oz and you probably use yours for rallies and club events etc. but do you need all that for every day driving to work to the shops and anything else? There is Oz made poser vehicles available. And they are very unique compared to the rest of the world. Try and buy one in Japan Europe etc.
Dad could drive an Awd territory towing a trailer, most people I have seen who have purchased late model 4wd or new hardly take it off road, those who take there 4wd REALLY off road have 10 year old + 4wds.

Agreed Cruze is a suitable A to B aussie made car that your sister could have considered. but like you said none around in 2005.

Mum wants a powerfull 2 door sports car to full fill her driving requirements? fine take the imports, Female mid life crisis cars are not a big market in new cars.
Flame me away as you please
2 users like this post: